The St. Augustine Art Association will remain closed to the general public for the rest of October, however, you may Pick up artwork from the Members Show Mon-Fri 12-4:00pm. Staff and Volunteers will be answering the phone Monday-Friday.
- The “Sculpture Dedication” set for Oct. 22 has been cancelled and will be rescheduled at a later date.
- Tactile Show has been moved to November 4-28
- ADDITIONAL RECEIVING for the “Tactile Show" (NOT the Florida Forever Show) will be: Tues Nov 1 & Wed Nov 2 from 12-4:00pm ONLY each day
- Judging and Installation will be Thurs Nov 3rd
- First Friday Art Walk Nov 4th, 5-9:00pm with Awards at 7pm
- The 51st St. Augustine Art & Craft Festival will take place as scheduled at Francis Field, Sat Nov 26 & Sun Nov 27. We need VOLUNTEERS to help with our annual fundraiser—call 904-824-2310 or email email@example.com to sign up
- “Florida Forever Show” has been moved to Dec 2-31
- Receiving for “Florida Forever Show” will be Tues Nov 29, 12-6:00pm and Wed Nov 30, 12-4:00pm
- Judging & Installation will be Thrus Dec 1st
- First Friday Art Walk Dec 2nd, 5-9:00pm with Awards at 7pm
Please see our Facebook page for the most up to date events and news.
Click here for the 2015-2016 Exhibit Calendar
ART & ARCHITECTURE WALKING TOUR - Oct 1
The St. Augustine Art Association welcomes the fall season with an ART & ARCHITECTURE WALKING TOUR on Saturday, October 1, from 10 to 11:30 a.m.
The 90-minute guided tour around the Plaza and picturesque streets of Old Town highlights iconic paintings, Spanish, Colonial and Victorian architecture, stained glass, monuments, murals, public sculptures, artist studios, galleries and more. Participants will learn about the St. Augustine Art Colony, Flager Era and epic history of St. Augustine through the unique perspective of art.
Led by an art historian, the morning stroll will start and finish at the St. Augustine Art Association, 22 Marine Street, one block west of the City Marina. Sturdy, comfortable shoes are required since some of the streets are uneven.
The fee for the tour is $20 per person. Call (904) 824-2310 by Friday, September 30, for reservations.
TOUCH St. Augustine Sculpture Garden
The long awaited beautification project has been realized!
The new outdoor art space at the St. Augustine Art Association features an expanded entry landing on Charlotte Street; ADA pathways leading to Sculpture Garden Ponds; Coquina Fountain; Benches; Native Plantings; New Signage and Lighting; Gathering space in the Exploration Plaza and Enzo Torcoletti's newly installed "Heavenly Bodies" sculpture and Braille marker.
Fundraising continues for the 450th Legacy project. To donate or learn more about this art accessibility initiative, call 904.824.2310 or click here: www.touchstaugustine.com.
Drake's Raid Exhibit
ART y FACTS of DRAKE'S RAID
A permanent installation of artifacts unearthed below the North Gallery wing of the St. Augustine Art Association showcases evidence of Drake's Raid on the Spanish town in 1586. This commemorative St. Augustine 450th Anniversary legacy project was produced in part through a grant from the Florida Humanities Council. Visit soon!
NON-INSTRUCTIONAL STUDIO SESSIONS
Monday Night Life Drawing
Weekly live model sessions. Gestures and long poses.
6 to 9pm ($10/members). Easels/tables provided.
Open Studio Tuesdays
Weekly studio time for artists to create, critique, collaborate!
1 to 4pm. ($5/members). Easels/tables provided.